Benefits of Simulations
- AACSB and SHRM both strongly recommend cases and simulations for business classes
- Simulations improve on the Case Method by providing an interconnected set of cases within a simulated environment
- Students experiment with human resources strategies and see immediate results of actions
- Simulations enable participants and instructors to see how the recommendations and strategies employed by human resources affect the company’s results
- Simulations promote more efficient learning and better knowledge retention
- Simulations engage students and managers
- Simulations create an engaging, fun and exciting classroom experience, which translates into better evaluations from students
Using Simulations in Your Course
- You can run the simulation as a culminating exercise at the end of the semester, or use it to drive learning over the course of the semester.
- Your simulation maps to the concepts taught in the top Human Resources Management textbooks in use.
- You can customize the simulation to fit your course – choose which incidents to run in which quarters so you can map your teaching objectives to quarters and text material.
- You have control over increasing the complexity of the game – you can choose how many incidents to run per quarter and use the basic or more advanced technical ICPs as preferred.
- You can determining the numbers of quarters to run for the game – you can choose to run all 12 quarters or fewer if desired.
- You don’t have to grade quizzes – two available built-in quizzes are administered and scored automatically over the web covering the content of the student manuals.
- You don’t have to grade peer evaluations – two available built-in Peer Evaluations are administered and scored automatically over the web.
- Your Grade Book provides easy to read information on each student such as team ranking, quiz scores and peer evaluations, and is automatically populated as the simulation runs.
- You can download the Grade Book to Excel (which can then be easily uploaded to all major Learning Management Systems like WebCT, Vista, etc.)