Would you like to make your HR in Health Administration class more engaging and effective?
Did you know that simulations can:
- Make students love your course
- Improve student engagement and satisfaction
- Bring the experience of practitioners into the classroom, and
- Provide real life decision making in a simulated hospital environment?
Simulations enable students to make decisions, deal with the consequences, and adjust their strategies to succeed while working in a simulated environment!
Make Students Love Your Course!
“It was the best thing we did in our MHA Program!” Taylor Spratt, Missouri State.
Knowledge Companion’s simulation provides students a chance to apply what they have learned in an interactive way that helps students think like real managers.
The simulation provides rich employee, manager and patient feedback along with overall key performance indicator data based on results of student decisions, forcing students to think critically and adjust their strategy to achieve their goals.
Improve Student Engagement and Satisfaction
The simulation engages students deeply into the project by integrating functional material, opportunities for decision making, problem solving, risk taking and development of interpersonal skills. Students report this experiential exercise is very satisfying.
Bring the Experience of Practitioners into the Classroom
Under the guidance of Jim Brookhart, and his 30 years of experience as a health care Chief Human Resource Officer for Mercy Springfield and other health care environments, along with his SPHR certification from SHRM, Knowledge Companion has developed a realistic learning experience dedicated to real HR practices in a simulated health care environment.
Provide Real Life Decision Making in a Simulated Hospital Environment
Students act as HR consultants making realistic business decisions and gaining hands-on managerial and leadership experience. Our simulation integrates all of the different HR topics covered throughout the semester into a realistic hospital setting.
Our HR emphasized simulation improves decision making and other competencies by enabling students to see how HR practices affect business performance.
“HR in Health Administration Management”
Simulation topics include:
- Linking HR Management to Strategic Planning
- Workforce Planning and Healthcare Professionals
- The Legal Environment
- Workforce Diversity
- Job Analysis and Design
- Recruitment, Selection, and Retention
- Organizational Development, Training, Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Health and Safety
- Managing with Organized Labor
- Nurse Workload, Staffing, and Measurement
- Budgeting and Productivity
- Creating Customer Focus and Present Trends
Sign up now to get set up and ready to go!